Saturday, February 27, 2016

MLK - Lived with an eye on heaven



The above pictures are from a book on civil rights movement in America. Obviously the name that comes to mind is MLK Jr. He was the leader, the visionary and the statesman who charted the path to several landmark civil rights laws. 

Interestingly, MLK lived his entire life with an eye on the heaven. His speeches, his words and his deeds (not the reported sexual failings) more or less reflected it. 

His final documented public speech is such a remarkable thesis of his vision. 

Let me post it here:

"Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land!

And so I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man! Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment