Sunday, May 1, 2016

Paedobaptism




I got the above card as an act of gratitude from a little girl, all of eight years, for my presence in the communion service where she accepted Jesus into her life. 

She was gleaming with joy. 

I'm reminded of an eleven year old boy I spoke to a few months ago. He had just undergone 'adult' baptism in his Pentecostal church. I asked him, "why did you get baptized?"  "Coz it's cool", he replied. 

Now you tell me my friend. Should the eight year old girl above get baptized as a twenty year old again? Should the eleven year old boy above get baptized again? How is this different from my own experience of getting infant baptism and then standing up as a twelve year old accepting the communion in a Sunday service and confessing the Lord Jesus as my savior? Should I get baptized again?

How many times should a person get baptized. What did Apostle Paul say? 

No comments:

Post a Comment