Sunday, June 19, 2016

How to debate doctrinal differences?

Since my boyhood, I have always been involved with doctrinal struggles. People who consider themselves right, and their interpretation of God's word as the correct one have tried to impose their view on me. Often, it comes at significant emotional turmoil and disrespect to everything I stand for. In fact, it often brings with it so much disillusionment with Christian beliefs and several youngsters are driven away from Christian Faith. 

I recently read a nice article written by Baptists preacher and blogger Tim Challies. He is arguing why he does not believe in pedobaptism. But more importantly, what I exhort you to look out for is his respectful discussion and his acknowledgement of the power of God's word to talk to a person in different ways, personally. Watch out for the last paragraph. 

See link below. 

http://www.challies.com/articles/why-i-am-not-paedobaptist

I hope if you are involved with doctrinal issues with your loved ones, be it a child or a parent or a sibling, you would maintain this understanding. God bless you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment